Donate to Slow Money NC
Join Our Email List
- Congratulations to our friends at Greenway Transit for winning a People and Planet Award from Green America!!!... fb.me/6uIDPGZ0r 13 hours ago
- There is still time to register for tonight's online Slow Money event - Gatheround. I know 'cause I just... fb.me/2qEPryKYY 2 days ago
- Very exciting to share Slow Money with the Leadership Triangle crowd! fb.me/6wZ4YZ4Em 3 days ago
- Book Reading and Local Food fest December 14, 2013 at 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Durham Main Library Financing Our Foodshed reading with local food tastings and mor e!
- Slow Money NC Gathering December 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm Pickards Mt, Chapel Hill, NC Come tour the site of a new medicinal teahouse at Pickards Mt, and enjoy local food and drink and your Slow Money friends!
- Financing Our Foodshed with Carol Peppe Hewitt December 17, 2013 at 6:30 pm – 5:00 am Ringling College Academic Center Auditorium, 2700 North Tamiami T rail Sarasota, FL Transition Sarasota, FL is hosting a evening and book reading with Slow Money NC founder, Carol Peppe Hewitt. Currently on a national bo ok tour, Carol is spreading the idea that Slow Money is a simple yet profo und activity we can all take part in.
- Sustainable Communities Workshop December 17, 2013 at 7:00 pm – 7:00 pm Sarasota, FL Keynote Speaker: "Investing in Our Future"
- Feast Down East /SENCFS Annual Regional Conference February 5, 2014 at 7:00 pm – 7:00 pm Wilmington, NC
- Abundance Climate Change Conference February 6, 2014 at 7:00 pm – 7:00 pm CCCC, Pittsboro, NC This is the second annual Climate Change Conference put on by t he Abundance Foundation in Pittsboro, NC.
Visit Slow Money USA
Meet our fiscal sponsorMany thanks to The Abundance Foundation for their support. SlowMoneyNC fits nicely with their mission of "building our local foodshed, modeling renewable energy and inspiring community."
Author Archives: slowmoneync
The next meeting of Slow Money NC – Charlotte will take place on Tuesday, May 21 at 7:00 PM at Atherton Market, located at 2104 South Blvd. in Charlotte.
As a native of Siler City, Nichol Price is especially invested in the future of her hometown. Like everyone else who calls Chatham County home she wants to see her community grow and prosper. During her training in the culinary … Continue reading
The next meeting of Slow Money NC’s Charlotte chapter will be on Tuesday, March 19 at 6:30 pm at Le Kabab Grill, located at 350 E McCullough Drive in Charlotte. See the Charlotte Facebook Group for more information.
I just returned home from Charlotte, and though that’s over a two hour drive, it was easy to stay awake. I just kept thinking back to all the good news and great company of the evening. Tonight’s Slow Money NC … Continue reading
Come join us at the Feb 26th Slow Money NC Charlotte Gathering, at 6pm at the Healthy Home Market at 2707 South Boulevard. Carol Peppe Hewitt be there to give an update on Slow Money statewide and national news. If you … Continue reading
I have never knew quite what to do about LinkedIn. In fact I had to resort to Google to be sure how to spell it. (turns out there are a variety of ways…) But for months/years? I have been getting … Continue reading
Sami Glover’s article about us was also published by Treehugger, which is pretty darn awesome! Meanwhile we are working on several loans this week – like the one to Bella Donna in Pittsboro, NC and a couple to Cocoa Cinnamon … Continue reading
Slow Money NC was featured in a recent article published on the NC Sustainability Center’s website, entitled “FINANCING THE FOOD SYSTEM: How Slow Money Grows Local Food.” “While the movement undoubtedly has ideological and ecological underpinnings – its focus remains … Continue reading
On Thursday, August 30, 2012, from 5:30-7pm, Slow Money NC had an inaugural public gathering at Myers Park Baptist Church in Charlotte. A diverse group that included local food producers, a state extension agent, Charlotte School of Law professors working … Continue reading