Donate to Slow Money NC
Join Us At the National Gathering!
- City Work (X)Po October 3, 2014 Roanoke, VA, United States Carol is speaking at this awesome event!
- Green Drinks at Shakori October 10, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Shakori Hills, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd, Pittsboro, NC, Unite d States Join us Friday evening for another celebration of local beverag es. We'll be in the Sustainability gazebo at the Shakori Hills GrassRoots F estival! Have a locally made beverage to share? Bring it along!
- Trick or Treat? A Very Offal Dinner (and fundraiser for Slow Money NC!) October 26, 2014 at 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm TBA - This is going to be a blast. Great food, great people - and gr eat location. But where?? For details, link here: https://www.eventbrit e.com/e/trick-or-treat-a-very-offal-dinner-tickets-13287919525
- Running On Local November 6, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Staunton, VA, USA Lyle and Carol bring Running On Local to VA. Check back for lo cation and more details.
- Slow Money Network Leaders Master Class November 9, 2014 Louisville, KY, USA Starts at 9am
- Slow Money Local & Global Gathering in Louisville, KY November 10, 2014 – November 13, 2014 Louisville, KY
Visit Slow Money USA
Meet our fiscal sponsorMany thanks to The Abundance Foundation for their support. SlowMoneyNC fits nicely with their mission of "building our local foodshed, modeling renewable energy and inspiring community."
Author Archives: slowmoneync
Slow Money NC Visits Elon.
Carol Peppe Hewitt is the co-founder and principal matchmaker of Slow Money NC. She is also the author of Financing Our Foodshed: Growing Local Food with Slow Money, and she writes these blog entries. They tell of her adventures catalyzing … Continue reading
Our Southeast four-day tour of “Running On Local” launched at the Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance, just over the bridge from South Miami to Key Biscayne, on February 22th, 2013. On Saturday and Sunday afternoon we held … Continue reading
by Carol Peppe Hewitt We rode the wave of progress and by the end of the 20th century our stores had filled up with ‘stuff’ from all over the world – as had our kitchen cabinets, and our bodies. Tangerines … Continue reading
Solar farms are cropping up all over NC, in fact, all across the globe. And while they are an excellent idea – harvesting energy from the sun – they create an interesting conundrum. If they are built in a typical … Continue reading
July 28th 11:30 pm I have to say that was an incredible party. For days people have been asking me, “How many tickets have you sold? How many people do you think are coming?” And I would venture a guess. “Last time I … Continue reading