Donate to Slow Money NC
- Bringing It Home Conference March 18, 2015 Harvey L. Haynes Conference Center, AB Tech Enka Campus, Ashevi lle, NC 28801 This is a local economy conference that is being staged by the folks from Self Help Credit Union.
- Running On Local - Lunch & Learn March 19, 2015 at 11:30 am – 1:30 pm Columbus, NC 28722, USA Hosted by Dawn Jordan, Agricultural Economic Development Direc tor Polk County Government Polk County, North Carolina
- Authentic Communities Summit - Networking Reception & Economic Symp osium March 24, 2015 at 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm New Mountain Asheville, 38 North French Broad Avenue, Asheville , NC 28801, United States
- Authentic Communities Summit March 25, 2015 at 12:00 am – 12:00 am Asheville, NC, USA
- Running On Local April 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Agricultural Center, Polk County, NC More details coming soon.
- Slow Money NC Summer Party June 28, 2015 at 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm W.M.Hewitt Pottery, 424 Johnny Burke Road, Pittsboro, NC 27312 , United States Join us for our annual Summer Garden Party! Local food, potter y sale, silents auction and more.
Visit Slow Money USA
Meet our fiscal sponsorMany thanks to The Abundance Foundation for their support. SlowMoneyNC fits nicely with their mission of "building our local foodshed, modeling renewable energy and inspiring community."
Author Archives: slowmoneync
Slow Money NC Visits Elon.
Carol Peppe Hewitt is the co-founder and principal matchmaker of Slow Money NC. She is also the author of Financing Our Foodshed: Growing Local Food with Slow Money, and she writes these blog entries. They tell of her adventures catalyzing … Continue reading
Our Southeast four-day tour of “Running On Local” launched at the Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance, just over the bridge from South Miami to Key Biscayne, on February 22th, 2013. On Saturday and Sunday afternoon we held … Continue reading
by Carol Peppe Hewitt We rode the wave of progress and by the end of the 20th century our stores had filled up with ‘stuff’ from all over the world – as had our kitchen cabinets, and our bodies. Tangerines … Continue reading
Solar farms are cropping up all over NC, in fact, all across the globe. And while they are an excellent idea – harvesting energy from the sun – they create an interesting conundrum. If they are built in a typical … Continue reading
July 28th 11:30 pm I have to say that was an incredible party. For days people have been asking me, “How many tickets have you sold? How many people do you think are coming?” And I would venture a guess. “Last time I … Continue reading