Donate to Slow Money NC
Join Our Email List
- Ecotopia on KZFR fb.me/2aD4aIEmQ 4 days ago
- Paper Moon Farm is looking for some extra man (or woman) power in the coming weeks. Wanna help them out? fb.me/6l160jgXO 1 week ago
- Carol & Lyle are in Savannah tonight at the The Sentient Bean!... fb.me/3KAX7o0vu 1 week ago
- Running on Local Washington DC event March 19, 2014 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Café Saint-Ex, 14th Street Northwest, Washington, DC, United S tates Lyle Estill, author of numerous books on biodiesel and local a ctivism, and Carol Hewitt, author of Financing Our Foodshed, will be hos ting a discussion of all things local--from food to fuel to finance to frie ndship. There will be local beer on tap, the chef will introduce his local ly sourced food, and…
- Running On Local, Brooklyn event March 20, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Brooklyn, NY, United States Be there! http://www.meetup.com/Slow-Money-NYC/events/168066452 / Lyle Estill, author of numerous books on biodiesel and local activism , and Carol Hewitt, author of Financing Our Foodshed, will be hosting a discussion of all things local--from food to fuel to finance to friendship.
- Running On Local - Greenfield, MA March 22, 2014 at 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Pushkin Gallery, 4 Federal St., Greenfield, MA Carol Peppe Hewitt and Lyle Estill, authors and co-founders of Slow Money NC, will share their story of 'Running on Local' - local food , local fuel, local financing, local friends. Sponsored by Coop Power and Northeast Biodiesel, come join in the discussion of how to build more res ilience in our local economy. Local…
- Access to Capital Workshop at Food Hub Conference March 26, 2014 at 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Raleigh, NC, United States We are creating a great panel for a 3 hour workshop in Access t o Capital. Check back for more details coming soon!
- Financing Our Foodshed Event April 2, 2014 at 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Staunton, VA, United States
- Financing Our Foodshed Event April 3, 2014 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- “Innovation and Sustainable Rural Development” Panel April 3, 2014 at 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, U nited States Put on by Greg Gangi, faculty member at UNC and Associate Dire ctor for the Institute for the Environment. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Running On Local April 10, 2014 at 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm Hendersonville, NC, United States
- Mother Earth News Fair April 12, 2014 – April 14, 2014 Asheville, NC, United States Carol Peppe Hewitt will be speaking about her work with Slow Mo ney NC and conducting a workshop on DIY - Local Finacing Made Simple! Exa ct times TBA
- Mother Earth News Fair April 12, 2014 Asheville, NC, United States Carol Peppe Hewitt will be speaking about her work with Slow Mo ney NC and conducting a workshop on DIY - Local Finacing Made Simple! Exa ct times TBA
Visit Slow Money USA
Meet our fiscal sponsorMany thanks to The Abundance Foundation for their support. SlowMoneyNC fits nicely with their mission of "building our local foodshed, modeling renewable energy and inspiring community."
Author Archives: slowmoneync
Our Southeast four-day tour of “Running On Local” launched at the Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance, just over the bridge from South Miami to Key Biscayne, on February 22th, 2013. On Saturday and Sunday afternoon we held … Continue reading
by Carol Peppe Hewitt We rode the wave of progress and by the end of the 20th century our stores had filled up with ‘stuff’ from all over the world – as had our kitchen cabinets, and our bodies. Tangerines … Continue reading
Solar farms are cropping up all over NC, in fact, all across the globe. And while they are an excellent idea – harvesting energy from the sun – they create an interesting conundrum. If they are built in a typical … Continue reading
July 28th 11:30 pm I have to say that was an incredible party. For days people have been asking me, “How many tickets have you sold? How many people do you think are coming?” And I would venture a guess. “Last time I … Continue reading
“somehow, i never thought it would be so hard to loan money to strangers with no security and almost no return” When this email arrived I laughed out loud. Because the funniest things are those that are true, or at … Continue reading
The next meeting of Slow Money NC – Charlotte will take place on Tuesday, May 21 at 7:00 PM at Atherton Market, located at 2104 South Blvd. in Charlotte.
As a native of Siler City, Nichol Price is especially invested in the future of her hometown. Like everyone else who calls Chatham County home she wants to see her community grow and prosper. During her training in the culinary … Continue reading
The next meeting of Slow Money NC’s Charlotte chapter will be on Tuesday, March 19 at 6:30 pm at Le Kabab Grill, located at 350 E McCullough Drive in Charlotte. See the Charlotte Facebook Group for more information.
I just returned home from Charlotte, and though that’s over a two hour drive, it was easy to stay awake. I just kept thinking back to all the good news and great company of the evening. Tonight’s Slow Money NC … Continue reading