Donate to Slow Money NC
Join Us At the National Gathering!
- Financing Our Foodshed Gathering - postponed! September 23, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm The Eddy Pub & Restaurant, 1715 Saxapahaw-Bethlehem Church Rd, S axapahaw, NC, United States This event has been postponed until October. Please check back for date and time. Thanks!
- Running on Local September 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Workbar, 45 Prospect St, Cambridge, MA, United States Sustainability all-stars Carol Peppe Hewitt, author of Financi ng Our Foodshed, and Lyle Estill, author of many books including most rec ently Small Stories – Big Changes, will be teaming up to speak to the Bost on community about all things local: food, finance and fuel, all while en joying local friends fun! This event…
- Green Drinks at Shakori October 10, 2014 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Shakori Hills, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd, Pittsboro, NC, Unite d States Join us Friday evening for another celebration of local beverag es. We'll be in the Sustainability gazebo at the Shakori Hills GrassRoots F estival!
- Slow Money Network Leaders Master Class November 9, 2014 Louisville, KY, USA Starts at 9am
- Slow Money Local & Global Gathering in Louisville, KY November 10, 2014 – November 13, 2014 Louisville, KY
Visit Slow Money USA
Meet our fiscal sponsorMany thanks to The Abundance Foundation for their support. SlowMoneyNC fits nicely with their mission of "building our local foodshed, modeling renewable energy and inspiring community."
Author Archives: slowmoneync
Slow Money NC Visits Elon.
Carol Peppe Hewitt is the co-founder and principal matchmaker of Slow Money NC. She is also the author of Financing Our Foodshed: Growing Local Food with Slow Money, and she writes these blog entries. They tell of her adventures catalyzing … Continue reading
Our Southeast four-day tour of “Running On Local” launched at the Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance, just over the bridge from South Miami to Key Biscayne, on February 22th, 2013. On Saturday and Sunday afternoon we held … Continue reading
by Carol Peppe Hewitt We rode the wave of progress and by the end of the 20th century our stores had filled up with ‘stuff’ from all over the world – as had our kitchen cabinets, and our bodies. Tangerines … Continue reading
Solar farms are cropping up all over NC, in fact, all across the globe. And while they are an excellent idea – harvesting energy from the sun – they create an interesting conundrum. If they are built in a typical … Continue reading
July 28th 11:30 pm I have to say that was an incredible party. For days people have been asking me, “How many tickets have you sold? How many people do you think are coming?” And I would venture a guess. “Last time I … Continue reading