Donate to Slow Money NC
- Keynote Speaker at Food Summit January 30, 2015 at 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Moscow, ID, USA I am the keynote speaker at the Palouse-Clearwater Food Coaliti on’s Food Summit 4.0. The deadline to register for the daylong conferenc e in Moscow is Jan. 26. Registration costs $15. College students can regist er for free. Lunch – soup, salad, bread – will be provided. The event takes place from 9 a.m. to…
- 'Amuse Bouche' February 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm Fearrington Barn at Fearrington Village, Fearrington, NC, Unite d States 'Amuse Bouche' offers a taste of our Climate Adaptation Confere nce held the following day. Frank Stasio, host of WUNC’s State of Thing s will lead a panel discussion on the state of our food system in North Car olina, with the following expert panelists: Peter Bane (publisher of Perm aculture Activist) Scott Marlow (Executive…
- 3rd Annual Climate Adaptation Conference for Farmers February 6, 2015 at 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Carolina Community College, 764 West Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312, United States Abundance NC’s Climate Change Adaptation Conference for Farmers grew out of a need for education and support of our local farmers, who ha ve been in distress due to the extreme weather challenges they’ve been faci ng in the last several years. This was an innovative and first of its kind conference that draws powerful…
- Bringing it Home Conference: Building a Local Economy for Everyone March 18, 2015 at 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Lenoir-Rhyne University, 36 Montford Avenue, Asheville, NC 2880 1, United States Carol is serving on a panel about Sources of Local Capital at t his day-long conference on Building A Local Economy in Asheville, NC. n
- Slow Money NC Summer Party June 28, 2015 at 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm W.M.Hewitt Pottery, 424 Johnny Burke Road, Pittsboro, NC 27312 , United States Join us for our annual Summer Garden Party! Local food, potter y sale, silents auction and more.
Visit Slow Money USA
Meet our fiscal sponsorMany thanks to The Abundance Foundation for their support. SlowMoneyNC fits nicely with their mission of "building our local foodshed, modeling renewable energy and inspiring community."
Category Archives: Slow Food
Slow Money NC Visits Elon.
Solar farms are cropping up all over NC, in fact, all across the globe. And while they are an excellent idea – harvesting energy from the sun – they create an interesting conundrum. If they are built in a typical … Continue reading
July 28th 11:30 pm I have to say that was an incredible party. For days people have been asking me, “How many tickets have you sold? How many people do you think are coming?” And I would venture a guess. “Last time I … Continue reading
“somehow, i never thought it would be so hard to loan money to strangers with no security and almost no return” When this email arrived I laughed out loud. Because the funniest things are those that are true, or at … Continue reading