Here is a sampling of the local food entrepreneurs that have recently contacted us about their exciting projects. Please let us know if you would like to meet any of these entrepreneurs and hear more about their farm or enterprise.
Current Projects Include:
- The first ever beer hop farm in Chapel Hill to grow hops for the ever-expanding craft brewer market. They will be and using the entire plant for a variety of other uses (including the Hop Shoots, Bee Smoke, etc.
- A farmer is building a barn to wash, sort, pack and cool all the yummy veggies they bring to market.
- A baker in Chapel Hill is looking to expand her cookie company.
- A farmer in Louisburg is looking to expand his grass-fed beef operation.
- A new craft brewery in Asheboro is looking for start up funds.
- A cattle farmer in Anson County wants to expand his herd.
- A company makes donuts with all local ingredients in Charlotte – but needs to move to a better locaion..
Would you like to make a Slow Money loan? – We are always happy to see inquiries come in from interested potential lenders. That drives us to find more local food entrepreneurs with viable capital needs that we can all assist if possible. We are a largely volunteer effort, so please be patient if we do not respond to you immediately!
Thanks for being part of this historical Slow Money movement that is catalyzing the flow of local dollars to local food projects that benefits us all.
If you’d like more information about how to make or receive a loan, just let us know!