Here is a sampling of the types of local food entrepreneurs that contact us about their exciting projects. Please let us know if you would like to hear more…
Typical Projects Include:
- The first ever beer hop farm in Chapel Hill to grow hops for the ever-expanding craft brewer market. They will be and using the entire plant for a variety of other uses (including the Hop Shoots, Bee Smoke, etc.
- A farmer building a barn to wash, sort, pack and cool all the yummy veggies they bring to the farmers market and put in their CSA boxes.
- A farmer looking to add additional hoop houses to meet the demand for their products.
- A baker in Chapel Hill is looking to expand her cookie company.
- A farmer is looking to purchase more cattle to expand his grass-fed beef operation.
- A company makes donuts with many local ingredients wants to move to a better location..
Would you like to make a Slow Money loan? – We are always happy to see inquiries come in from interested potential lenders. That drives us to find more local food entrepreneurs with viable capital needs that we can all assist if possible. We are a largely volunteer effort, so please be patient if we do not respond to you immediately!
Thanks for being part of this historical Slow Money movement that is catalyzing the flow of local dollars to local food projects that benefits us all.
If you’d like more information about how to make or receive a loan, just let us know!
Slow Money NC Disclaimer – the important small print….
Slow Money events are not an offer to sell securities nor a solicitation of an offer to buy securities. Slow Money NC does not give investment advice, endorsement, analysis or recommendations with respect to any securities and is not a broker, venture fund or an investment advisor.