Creating change in the world doesn’t have to be overwhelming or difficult – you can simply start here.
Since 2010, more than 200 people have made 300+ low-interest loans and equity investments to finance 116 local and organic farm and food enterprises in North Carolina, totaling over $4 million!
We get that it’s important to invest in the future we all want to live in and a healthy local food system is an ideal place to start. But HOW?
Through gatherings, coaching, learning, lending, and caring – Slow Money NC is making it happen. We can show you how.
• Read about the sustainable farmers and local food entrepreneurs who have received Slow Money NC loans.
• Learn how to get a Slow Money NC loan,
• And how to become a potential Slow Money lender,
• Sign up to get occasional Slow Money NC newsletters about our events.
• Please sign the Slow Money Principles.
For each dollar donated, we are able to turn that into fifty dollars loaned to small food enterprises! Please help.
We are a small non-profit, and donations are how we keep this project alive. Monthly sustaining donations are critical.
Deep thanks for your interest in sustainable agriculture, community finance, and local food.
~ Carol Peppe Hewitt, Kathleen Conroy & Amy Campbell Bogle
aka the Slow Money NC team