Donate to Slow Money NC
- Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival October 6, 2016 Shakori Hills, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd, Pittsboro, NC 27312, United States
- Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival October 7, 2016 Shakori Hills, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd, Pittsboro, NC 27312, United States
- Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival October 8, 2016 Shakori Hills, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd, Pittsboro, NC 27312, United States
- Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival October 9, 2016 Shakori Hills, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Rd, Pittsboro, NC 27312, United States
- Food Con 2016 November 11, 2016 NSCU Talley Student Union, Cates Avenue, Raleigh, NC, United States Carol will be on of the panelists at Food Con 2016 FoodCon 2016 is a one-day conference focused on the business of sustainable food. Our goal is to bring together a diverse audience of students, community members, and business professionals who have an interest in and/or are working in the sustainable food industry. FoodCon began…
Visit Slow Money USA
Meet our fiscal sponsorMany thanks to The Abundance Foundation for their support. SlowMoneyNC fits nicely with their mission of "building our local foodshed, modeling renewable energy and inspiring community."
Author Archives: slowmoneync
Carol Peppe Hewitt is the co-founder and principal matchmaker of Slow Money NC – and author of Financing Our Foodshed: Growing Local Food with Slow Money. She writes these occasional blog entries. They tell of her adventures catalyzing peer-to-peer loans, … Continue reading
A while back I had the good fortune to talk with Frank Stasio, host of the NPR show, The State of Things. Frank is a thoughtful interviewer, and a fan of Slow Money. He was also instrumental in the opening … Continue reading
Slow Money NC Visits Elon.
Our Southeast four-day tour of “Running On Local” launched at the Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance, just over the bridge from South Miami to Key Biscayne, on February 22th, 2013. On Saturday and Sunday afternoon we held … Continue reading
by Carol Peppe Hewitt We rode the wave of progress and by the end of the 20th century our stores had filled up with ‘stuff’ from all over the world – as had our kitchen cabinets, and our bodies. Tangerines … Continue reading
Solar farms are cropping up all over NC, in fact, all across the globe. And while they are an excellent idea – harvesting energy from the sun – they create an interesting conundrum. If they are built in a typical … Continue reading